CareATC Inc. is a leading innovator in the worksite healthcare sector providing Advanced Transformational Care for on-site and shared-site health centers. By leveraging groundbreaking technology and comprehensive data sources for risk stratification, CareATC offers customized healthcare benefit solutions for employers. CareATC’s Advanced Transformational Care is a comprehensive healthcare solution that drives engagement, improves health outcomes, lowers health care costs and provides transparency into the total cost of care.
Our organization has managed public and private sector clients for 20 years and currently manages 101 dedicated and shared employer health centers for 145 clients.
CareATC acts as a supplement to employer health plans by giving employees and their families access to a primary care Health Center located at or near their worksite. We leverage proprietary health data analytics and a common-sense incentive structure to empower providers to make better Health Center decisions that drive wellness and prevention.
We believe in Healthcare, not "Sickcare" – Our Health Centers completely remove the barriers to care that exist in the current healthcare system which cause many patients to wait until the seriousness of their issues outweigh the hassles of seeing a medical provider. Because our Health Centers are offered to members at no cost and are conveniently located (on-site & shared site), patients are more likely to utilize the preventive benefits of primary care. Our physicians are also allotted more face time and can offer the ‘platinum patient experience’ to each patient. This means more discussion about cardiovascular risk markers and positive lifestyle change instead of rushing in the next patient.
Business continuity planning
CareATC has a Risk Management Program in place that is designed to protect the life and welfare of the organization's patients and employees. This program is evaluated on an annual basis to ensure all aspects of safety are addressed. Specific protocols that CareATC has in place for risk management include:
- The Governing Board has designated the Quality, Compliance and Privacy Officer as the organization's Risk Manager.
- Education of risk management activities, safety policies and infection control policies, are provided to all staff upon employment during their initial orientation. This education is conducted on an annual basis thereafter.
- The Risk Management Program involves the identification, reporting and appropriate analysis of all issues/events. This involves encouraging the reporting of near-miss events and all ethical/legal issues or concerns.
- All reportable events will be communicated as required by state, federal and other regulatory agencies.
- Reporting potential claims and possible litigations to General Counsel and the insurance carrier.
- Assisting in review of contracts to ensure the language and insurance coverage protects the facility from liability.
- Utilizing risk management information on specific Providers during the credentialing process.
As an example of our flexibility and adaptability, in reaction to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are actively implementing/updating best practices in our clinics as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in an effort to better serve our clients and our patients. We are committed to our employees, customers and communities. Below are some of the actions we are taking.
Virtual Visits & Telephone Encounters
We have expanded Virtual Visit capabilities to all of our providers via zoom telemedicine encounters for most medical conditions during core hours which have been extended (7a to 7p central, 7 days/week).
These visits will be conducted through a combination of Zoom video as well as Physician telephone encounters. Both will include referral services and order of medications through @ home dispensing programs or ePrescribe.
24/7 Telemedicine Encounters
For clients not currently enrolled in our 24/7 Telemedicine option, we are extending this service to you at a $40 per visit fee paid by the patient at the time of the encounter.
Pop-Up Drive-Through Testing Sites
Based on specific needs and estimated volume we are deploying resources to provide Pop-Up Drive Through Testing Sites in certain markets.
COVID-19 Resource Site and Screening tool
We’ve deployed a COVID-19 resource site for our clients and patients that includes up to date information on COVID-19 as well as a screening tool to assist individuals who may have been exposed in determining whether they should self-isolate and direct them to a CareATC provider.
All questions are directed to the CareATC Client or Program Manager. We are proud to be a part of our great communities where our employees live and work.