FUTURES TRADING SYSTEMS
There are a number of futures trading platforms available that offer different features and levels of functionality.
Most platforms offer basic services to help you trade, including charts, tutorials, calculators, guides and glossaries. Consider the value and potential knowledge you could gain by the basic services offered on the platform.
Advanced order functions
If you are looking to implement risk management or automatic functionality on your investments, check that the platform allows this. Types of orders you might want to use include spreads, trailing stops and conditional orders.
Do you need charting, and if so, what kind? Do you want to see intra-day prices, as well as closing prices? The costs vary depending on whether you want a simple chart or historical data with advanced analysis.
Advanced platforms sometimes offer tools, such as custom formula builders, advanced options strategies analytics and other proprietary tools.
- Multi-broker support for listed futures (equity index, commodities, fixed income and FX) globally, with coverage across outrights, settlement products, butterflies, packs, bundles and strips
- Ability to combine outrights into a single calendar roll
- View vertical depth of market in Bai-Kai format
- Spread calendar matrix view available
- One-click trading
- Single click updates of working orders for both quantity and price
- Set automatic updates for expiring contracts
- Roll forward or back a product’s expiration date
- Merge two staged tickets into an exchange supported spread