Mphasis DevOps Services - Achieve Quality at “Speed” with an Integrated DevOps, Zero QA and SRE Approach
Mphasis understands that digital transformation is a journey towards accelerated development through key success factors including agile adoption, automated end-to-end delivery, talent transformation, auto environment provisioning, and cloud adoption. This will enable organizations to achieve faster time to market with highest levels of quality and utilize the best in class infrastructure.
Mphasis has specialization in 25+ best practices across all areas of Agile and DevOps. These will address organizational needs related to Technical, Process, People and Culture transformation. Mphasis also has specific IP and accelerators including: DevOps Analyzer, a Process effectiveness assessment framework for accelerated adoption, and a 34-point maturity framework for quick assessment of readiness to adopt Agile/DevOps.
Our DevOps transformation practice has the experience and accelerators to run programs that introduce modern development approaches and DevOps:
- Process: We start by helping rethink the processes of IT teams around the use of the new DevOps tools
- People: Modern DevOps and development practices are most effective with what are commonly referred to as “full stack” developers, rather than the traditional specialists. To effectively achieve the change, existing teams need to be trained and mentored in the new way of working. Bring in a culture where silos are replaced with agile teams working around challenges rather than solutions
- Technologies: Modern DevOps processes are based on the increased use of technology to automate SDLC tasks. The key thing to keep in mind is to avoid lock into closed platforms; and being able to “fail fast” in the introduction of new developer tools.
Mphasis DevOps Practice
With over 1000 professionals dedicated to Agile and DevOps; we have experience delivering large Agile Transformation initiatives and DevOps practices to enable end to end delivery. Our DevOps practices align to industry best practices to target faster time-to-market, and faster turn-around-times while also reducing technical debt and improving quality. These best practices cover all aspects of Technical, Process, People & Culture change, spanning all stages of software lifecycle from Application Development to Testing/Quality Engineering and Operations and support.
Our Agile/DevOps practice includes a dedicated pool of certified consultants, coaches, and SMEs with experience in SAFE, LESS, Scrum, & Kanban frameworks:
- Our Practice has over 700 DevOps professionals and 500 Scrum Masters with 200+ SAFe Agile Practitioners
- We have helped Fortune 500 clients adopt Agile into their daily work. Our Coaches focus on Business, Portfolio, Program and Team agility for achieving higher benefits of the model. We bring to bear 25+ processes and technical practices to aid in transitioning and adoption
- Mphasis has built tools and accelerators to measure Business Agility. Mphasis DevOps Analyzer is a decision tool to help with next best action
Mphasis’ IP Solutions, Partnerships and Investments for DevOps Enablement
Mphasis IP solutions within DevOps
- DevOps Analyzer: The platform to measures effectiveness of DevOps pipelines and trends (instead of absolute measurements) to support & enhance next-best-action decisions. It accelerates continuous improvements and maximized ROI from DevOps initiatives
- XRAE platform: The platform to boost adoption of DevSecOps in enterprises, to accelerate modernization, NextGen software delivery initiatives
- Automated incident diagnosis for SRE: A minimalistic solution for proactive transaction monitoring, and automated incident diagnosis to significantly reduce MTTR
- mu: Developed and contributed to open source. A full lifecycle management tool for microservices on AWS
- CDRA Accelerators: A number of accelerators to remediate typical DevOps bottlenecks e.g. code & test generators, scaffolding for µServices etc.
Mphasis Accelerators and Frameworks
- Unified Assessment Metrics for process effectiveness - which measures effectiveness of Agile and DevOps processes based on a combination of factors for "lead time", "Technical Debt" and "Quality",
- A 34-point maturity assessment framework - provides a quick top-down assessment of an organization's maturity for adoption of Agile and DevOps and provides insights into the roadmap to be adopted for successful transformation.
Mphasis acquisition of Stelligent
Mphasis acquisition of Stelligent in 2018, provides DevOps automation on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, strengthens its ability to support its clients’ engagements with AWS. Mphasis Stelligent helps enterprises build a fully automated DevOps infrastructure and deployment pipeline on AWS to enable their applications and effectively use AWS. The factories are designed to deliver highly scalable services to customer application teams through self-service mechanisms.
Mphasis DevOps Partnership Ecosystem
- XebiaLabs: Partnership helps accelerate and standardize implementation of enterprise scale CDRA, and value stream mapping complementing Mphasis’ Next-Best-Action decision support tool
- AppDynamics: The partnership helps customers to quickly implement Mphasis’ automated incident diagnosis, and proactive remediation solutions
- SauceLabs: The partnership helps accelerate implementation of Mphasis solutions one of the biggest impediments to CD speed
- Compuware: The partnership helps to enable DevOps for mainframe
Mphasis DevOps Transformation Business Benefits
Some examples of goals that we seek to achieve through the DevOps transformation approach are:
- Minimizing application complexity
- Fully automating Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Incorporating test driven development
- Zero handoff
- Releasing software as small increments into production
- Near real-time feedback from production to development teams
- Closing the loop on change effectiveness; where outcome metrics are visible to project teams