Entity Data Management System
Joss Technology offers the only comprehensive and specialized suite of cleansing and maintenance tools focused on Entity Data. It uniquely enables data managers, IT and operations as well as compliance and risk management professionals, to increase and maintain the quality of reference data related to entities they interact with and are exposed to.
Our typical projects include internal data alignment in preparation for the Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs), enhancements to exposure reporting, cleansing of client data repositories, faster counterparty onboarding, improved KYC/AML processes, development of corporate hierarchies views, and more.
All financial institutions face challenges in obtaining and maintaining high-quality reference data related to entities such as counterparties, clients, custodians and issuers. In most cases, the information collected is partial, scattered in various silos across the enter-prise and not dynamically maintained. As a result, financial services firms struggle to build a complete and accurate picture of such entities.
Cleansing, reconciliation, quality analysis
Data aggregation & data gathering:
- Seamless retrieval through direct database access, local files, and HTTPS/FTPS
- Variety of formats: Excel, XML files, SQL queries
Mapping, conversion & normalization:
- Powerful validation rules with initial conversion
- Out-of-the-box converters: cities, countries, zip codes, phone numbers, SWIFT BIC codes
- Customizable rules to match, link, and merge internal and/or external data sets
- Proprietary fuzzy matching technology with scoring parameters
- Insightful dashboards to better understand the data
- Ability to drill down to the attribute level and, through color-coded screens, quickly isolate and prioritize data sets that require attention
- Detailed stats and graphs to monitor data quality improvement over time
- Customizable rules to create a “golden copy”
- Retain a link to original data points
- Enrichment from data vendors and public utilities
Entity lifecycle & maintenance
Our strict validation rules guarantee data quality from the moment a new entity is created in the system. The dynamic maintenance ensures data is kept accurate throughout the lifecycle of the entity.
- Mandatory fields & 4-eye principle
- Automatic alerts from corporate action events (M&A, bankruptcies, rating changes, name changes, ….)
- Configurable hierarchical relationships
- Central data repository containing identifiers, credit ratings, industrial classifications, CRM data, geo-location information, standing settlement instructions, client documentations and agreements
Business Benefits: - Regulatory compliance - Risk exposure reporting - Corporate hierarchies - Quicker account opening - Single customer view - Reduced trade failures - Increased STP - 360 entity view - Greater productivity
IT Benefits: - Data automation - Reduced manual entry - Enterprise-wide platform - Enhanced workflows - Exception-based processing - Centralized data repository - Faster data projects - Improved data governance - User friendly UI