BasisPoint®, is a fully-integrated global investment accounting solution and fund administration system that services multiple financial verticals providing a comprehensive solution for aggregated position record-keeping. The database design provides the foundation to support customers across all lines of businesses with a single view. This enterprise-class accounting engine offers multi-asset class instrument processing with multi-entity, multi-currency, multi-strategy and multi-basis reporting, resulting in the first true shadow-record-keeping solution.
What Differentiates BasisPoint?
BasisPoint is the first investment accounting and position-keeping application in decades. It was designed from the ground up to accommodate the complexities of the modern trading environment with the unique ability to go beyond just accounting to deliver an aggregate view of live position data independent of jurisdiction, line of business or asset class. Below are some of the key differentiating features of BasisPoint:
- Auto-Correct, Unwind/Rebuild, Cancel and Replace
- Tax Lot Data Stored in Three Levels of Currency
- Date Agnostic with Multiple Fund Periods
- Fund / Portfolio (Strategy) Specific Preferences
- Web Semantics, Data Aggregation and Open Database
The Benefits of BasisPoint
Pendo delivers value with BasisPoint by:
- Single Source of the Truth: Eliminates the manual work now done with spreadsheets to aggregate position forecasting
- Counter-party Optimization: Aggregate position forecasting by inherent multi-location "many to many" accounting.
- Data Quality: Enhanced data on complex and aggregated positions, strategies and baskets.
- Lowering Cost of Ownership: Single source of aggregated position keeping across trade life cycle.
- Event driven: view position across different statuses: estimated, committed, contractual physical and historical, turning transactions into events.
- Source Systems Not Impacted: Leave data in production databases. Source systems never impacted by direct queries.
- Reducing Operational Risk: Exception based accounting. Automating the process removes the potential for human error.
- Control and Compliance: With the requirements of IFRS, Basel II, Dodd-Frank, etc.,