FIS Energy and Commodities is a division of FIS, a company with a 25+ year history of providing financial software solutions. This division provides a variety of software solutions targeting energy, commodities, and utility markets with two named products: Aligne and Kiodex.
FIS has pursued an acquisition strategy acquiring multiple vendors and, in the process, building one of the largest installed bases among CTRM vendors. It has offered a number of products over the years including ZaiNet and ACES, many of which are still utilized by its clients. Its latest product, Aligne, integrates its predecessor software solutions into one modular, multi-commodity software solution suite that provides a seamless end-to-end software solution for trading, risk/control, credit, fuels procurement, emissions compliance, back-office, and treasury/finance. It utilizes an integration framework to move data between functional components and facilitates integration both within the suite and between the suite and a customer's other software systems.
Components may be combined to support business requirements specific to utilities, traders and producer/marketers, LDCs, pipelines, storage operators, midstream gas companies, and large industrial consumers. It also offers real-time alerts, messaging and dashboards.
Aligne includes the following capabilities:
· Supports trading for energy commodities, weather, emissions, heat, freight, metals and derivatives
· Captures physical and financial instruments for multiple commodities · Supports long-term and real-time trading and scheduling
· Performs straight-through processing from deal capture to scheduling
· Manages A/R, A/P and all economic aspects of a deal including brokerage/third-party fees
· Calculates market-to-market positions in real-time across organizations
· Meets current and foreseeable regulatory requirements, such as those imposed by FAS 133
· Aggregates historical and interval market data from multiple sources for analysis
Aligne is offered in various configurations specifically targeting:
· Energy financial traders
· Energy physical traders and marketers
· LDCs, Pipelines and Midstream companies
The Aligne Advanced Integration Platform is comprised of 4 major components: an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), a common data model for energy, shared services, and a reference data database. Additionally, the framework provides the environment for a domain data mart and “adapters” for integrating applications on the framework.