Cash & Liquidity Management
With liquidity harder to find and margins being eroded, banks face unprecedented pressures to manage their cash effectively. As a result, banks need to rationalise nostro accounts and reduce manual processes through the use of automated, real-time cash management solutions to create automated intra-day processes that ensure the rapid identification of long and short positions.
In particular, the entire cash flow lifecycle through to settlement needs visibility, which can tempt bank to reconcile 940/950 statements both in the reconciliations team and in the cash management team.
As the only vendor recognised as a leader in both fields, SmartStream can bring world leading reconciliations capability to its TLM Cash & Liquidity Management software solution, which enables banks to break down organisational silos with a single enterprise-wide solution for cash management, treasury management, exceptions management and reconciliations management. It creates a global, real-time view of all money movements, cash and liquidity positions, to support optimal investment and lending opportunities.
TLM Cash & Liquidity Management software delivers:
- Basel regulatory compliance through its Intraday Liquidity Management module
- Significant cost reductions by retiring multiple legacy systems and spreadsheets, whilst reducing the manual workload
- Reduced operational risk through real-time reconciliations and same day exception identification and resolution
- Improved balance management through automation of standard tasks, leaving staff to focus on critical tasks
- More profitable cash management by real-time tracking and monitoring of surplus positions, automated account sweeping and removing reliance on costly intra-day borrowing to boost liquidity
- More effective investment and funding decisions provided by greater visibility into cash movements
- Improved balance information through the reconciliation of correspondent movements, removing reliance on assumed settlement and next day statements
- More efficient management of higher transaction volumes and global cash movements without increasing headcount