Solartis Insure Microservices (Policy Administration, Agent and Consumer Portals)
Solartis Insure is an API-centric policy administration platform built from the ground up on microservice architecture. The platform is deployed in a cloud infrastructure and supports the full policy life cycle process (e.g., submission, rate, quote, refer, bind, ePay, issue, renew, endorse, cancel, reinstate, audit etc.) for all P&C personal and commercial lines of business.
Customers choose from the following delivery models to meet the needs of their tech initiatives, lines of business, programs, distribution channels and user types.
1: Solartis Insure Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). This is our “total solution” option. Solartis provides all the needed sales quote and policy life cycle microservices. It includes the user interface, business flow, required integrations, and reporting database. This option is currently used by customers in consumer portals, broker/agent systems quoting systems, and full-blown carrier underwriter systems. This is a good option if the customer does not have IT capacity and needs the vendor to take on the full project.
2: Solartis Insure Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS): This “Solartis Inside” option provides all the Solartis stateful sales and policy life cycle microservices without the UI/UX. This option allows Solartis to work collaboratively with your IT team, which develops and designs the user interface and business flow. You access the needed Solartis’s underlying sales and policy life cycle microservices (to support your quoting system or full policy life cycle platform) through API calls. You send to Solartis a JSON request with the needed information to perform the transaction. Solartis then returns the requested information back in a JSON response. This option allows your IT team to control the project, reduces the development time and cost, and minimizes project risks as all rate, quote and policy admin functionality comes pretested and ready to go.
3: Solartis Insure Rating as a Service (RaaS): Use of just the Solartis Rating and Metadata Microservices accessed via stateless APIs calls from your technology platform or your channel partner tech platforms. (No UI/UX)
Supporting Solartis Insure Components:
The Solartis Product Management Toolkit (PMT)
- All Solartis Insurance products are developed and maintained in the Solartis Product Management Tool (PMT). The PMT is built specifically for insurance and just like Solartis Insure, the PMT is built with true cloud services and no legacy applications. Here is a high-level overview of the PMT’s components and capabilities:
- Create Insurance Products: A new insurance product can be either configured from scratch or can be created from a base insurance product built from scratch or from a bureau-based product like ISO ERC. Solartis contains the complete library of ISO ERC content—Solartis digitally consumes all the ISO ERC countrywide and state-specific files into the Solartis platform. Via PMT, all ISO ERC content (states, coverages, rate tables, algorithms, forms selection rules, and stat codes) are accessible for customers to manage and use. An insurer can view, work, analyze, and manipulate all the ISO data across all states via a graphical representation of the data or through downloadable spreadsheets. An insurer adds its carrier rate and rule exceptions and its carrier-specific forms, then tests and deploys the ISO based product(s) into production.
- Maintain Product(s): An insurer uses the PMT to manage all aspects of their insurance products; they can create and manage products and product versions, states and state deviations, coverages, rate tables, lookup tables, UI/UX pages and its attributes, all documents, their associated forms, processing rules and algorithms.
- Test and Promote: Solartis has one environment for development, testing and production. Changes are created, tested, and deployed into production using the PMT by business users without any assistance from DevOps
- Activity Log: Solartis PMT provides a full audit trail of all changes made to insurance products, as well as who performed the changes and when.
Solartis Application Monitoring Tool
The Solartis Application Monitoring Tool (AMT) allows Solartis to be proactive versus reactive when it comes to potential system issues and / or problems. It is a tool used to monitor all Solartis customers’ production environments. It ensures all application services are always up and running efficiently. Solartis monitors on a 24/7 basis for potential failures, performance issues as well as failures related to third party system integrations. The system is used by the Solartis Application Monitoring Team and is also extended to Solartis customers so they can monitor their activities themselves.
Solartis also provides The Solartis Explore Platform which allows Solartis or the customer to run various “what-if” scenarios on a book of business level versus the individual policy level from either the Solartis Insure Platform or from other third-party systems.
Solartis is an Insurance Platform build from the ground up on Microservice technology – It is a cloud-based, on-demand set of 85+ policy life cycle microservices that can be customized and orchestrated to meet all P&C Personal, Commercial, Admitted and Non Admitted insurance products. Solartis microservices are decoupled from the user interface. This allows Solartis or the customer to create custom screens, business flows and branding for each user type, channel partner and insurance product. To extend the customer's sales reach, channel partners can use these same microservices in their tech platforms.
Subscription Based Pricing – Solartis pricing is very affordable for insurance MGAs and Carriers. We use a subscription-based pricing model that is tied to usage and service level standards. We price based on the value we deliver to you, our customer.
Solartis Product Management Toolkit (PMT) - Insurance product onboarding and maintenance has historically been difficult, expensive and time consuming. Insurance Administrators are now demanding that their information technology be intuitive, easy to use, efficient and self-maintainable. After the initial onboarding of your first product (which generally takes between 60 to 90 days) Solartis will provide you with a toolkit to maintain all aspects of your insurance products; their states, coverages, tables, user interface pages and page attributes, policy documents and forms as well as the rating algorithms, processing rules and needed microservices. In our PMT you can also test and promote your insurance product from DEV to TEST to LIVE in one single environment.
Solartis - Our Company and our People - The Solartis senior technical and business leadership team has been single-mindedly focused on perfecting the automation of the insurance quote and policy lifecycle process since we founded the company in 2004.
- Insurance Expertise - We consider ourselves experts in MGA and Insurance Carrier property & casualty insurance and policy administration.
- Our technical development team – we hire strong technical programmers from college and train them to work in the insurance technology area. Our experience is that “old hands” in information technology are difficult to retrain. We prefer to build a culture from the inside while at the same time injecting it with “new blood” and ideas.
- Our development approach – we are an idea driven, non-hierarchical organization. Anyone can challenge a current technology direction provided they can bring a new idea to the table.
- Our ongoing, extensive spending on research and development in the insurance technology and broader information technology areas.
Our collaborative partnership / relationship with our customers - A partnering relationship for Solartis means that both partners are working for the same goal and share in the benefits and any losses. We have a collaborative, partnering approach with our customers – we only want to work with customers that treat us with respect and are willing to learn and grow together.
- Support for all your P&C product lines– Personal, Commercial, Admitted and E&S
- Product Management Toolkit: Toolkit used to initially configure and maintain all aspects of your Solartis Platform
- Modern Architecture: 85+ microservices that support the full sales, quote and policy life cycle process.
- Short Project TimeLine– 90 days or less and you’re ready to test
- Multi-Channel Support -Use the same microservices in your consumer portals or channel partner technology platforms
- Lightning Fast Performance – i.e. thousands of vehicles / locations / buildings rated within seconds
- Solartis microservices are accessed via API calls or through a Solartis provided user interface.
- All the benefits of Microservice architecture