Smartstream’s TLM Collateral Management reduces collateral management credit and operational risks via an end-to-end, automated solution for market participants of all sizes.
TLM Collateral Management is a comprehensive, automated data management solution that helps financial institutions reduce operational risks associated with collateral management programs. It offers a variety of functions to support the increasing use of collateral within the local and global banking community, with coverage for cleared and non-cleared over-the-counter (OTC) Derivatives Margining, Repo Margining and Securities Lending Margining.
TLM Collateral Management helps reduce credit and operational risk with best practice approaches for comprehensive collateral management. The solution is ideal for all types of financial institutions including banks, asset managers, hedge funds, custodians, central clearers, and service providers. TLM Collateral Management offers an event-driven, exceptions-based workflow to manage the end-to-end activities and processes associated with collateral management.
The solution is an integral component of SmartStream’s TLM platform servicing downstream liquidity and control. The solution is able to take advantage of SmartStream’s global reconciliations and exception management solutions, as well as being available as an integral part of the Reference Data Utility. The TLM platform architecture offers a wide range of deployment options.
TLM Collateral Management delivers:
- Anticipation and mitigation of operational risk and credit risk - allows risk officers and collateral managers to proactively plan risk mitigation strategies
- Helps reduce regulatory capital - apply the benefits of collateral in ways that can lower regulatory capital charges
- Powerful intuitive interface - enhances risk-informed decision making by presenting clear and logical paths for users
- Comprehensive and flexible data management – automated data capture and analysis to help meet the diverse needs of multiple collateral management programs
- Streamlined back office workflow – automation of key tasks associated with margin call processing, including data capture, validation, calculation and processing
- Collateral optimisation – enables automated selection of collateral assets to enhance automation and reduce funding costs
- Interaction with regulators - such as Dodd-Frank, EMIR and Basel III, who require banks to manage capital reserves and collateral when entering derivatives trades