In recent years, the volume of business in the wholesale market has increased, driven by the advancements of electronic trading, and an increase in global funds requiring global transaction processing. Process improvements for back office operations has become an urgent matter for all investment institutions including brokerage firms. I-STAR/GV is a multi-enterprise, total back office system which makes real-time processing of back office operations occurring in multiple locations possible. STAR/GV provides advanced processing functions capable of reducing workloads of manual operations.
- Real-time processing of back office operations across a group's multiple locations (multi-enterprise)
- User-friendly, with a single sign-on system and single database. I-STAR/ GV reduces the burden of operational errors arising from having to input in systems that vary depending on the location.
- Real-time processing of operations in multiple locations allows easy reconciliation within a single database.
- Easy referencing of inter-company transaction data and creation of integrated reports for multiple locations.
- Flexible user access control settings
- Multi-currency, multi-asset management for various transactions
- Comprehensive management of back office operations such as including Trade management (cash instrument, loan repo, exchange, deposits/loans, etc.), clearing, balance management, rights and dividends processing, accounting, etc.
- A total system with a multitude of available functions necessary for back office operations. Can be used as a comprehensive solution or by selecting particular components and functions.
- Advanced Corporate Actions processing which reduces manual operation workloads.
- Compatible with Corporate Action processing and agent operations such as interest, redemption, dividends, stock dividends, mergers and acquisitions.
- Rights and dividends processing functions include not only cash instrument transactions but also Stock Loan and Repo financing transactions
- Whenever Corporate Actions change, details of entitlements can be automatically recalculated
- Ability to conduct mark-to-market valuation taking into account rights and dividends payable date.
- Highly Scale-able and low-cost response to transaction volume increase
- Because of the three-tier architecture (database, business logic, web application) and scale-able configuration, fast and low-cost response to volume increases is possible through the addition of small-scale servers where needed