Slingshot is a streaming data solution for the internet, intranet and extranet. Financial facts and figures on FX and interest rates, quotes, prices and news headlines are constantly updated in a scalable interface. Based on push technology, Slingshot enables the streaming of real-time information updates on the internet through firewalls and proxy servers.
Slingshot provides a bi-directional, encrypted communication channel between the server application and the browser-based client. A session between the client and the server is established once a user has logged in and been successfully authenticated and authorised. This allows both the server application and the client to check the status of the session at any time, providing a controlled communication channel. There are no special configuration needs for the network, firewalls, proxies or web browser.
- Streams data over the internet, intranet and extranet at very low latency
- Ability to interface with existing market data distribution systems, common applications in the financial industry, exchanges, ECNs, Microsoft Excel and most database systems
- APIs allow users to customise interfaces either as modules integrated into a web site, a third-party application or as stand-alone applications
- A bi-directional, encrypted communication channel between the server application and the browser-based client
- High performance and low latency with an high degree of scalability