Insurance Product Testing driven by Quality Engineering
Hexaware provides product testing services to Insurance carriers servicing across Life & Annuities and Property & Casualty domains for implementation of package products like Guidewire, Duck creek, AXON-Keylane, INSPRO etc., upgrades, transition to cloud, maintenance releases, database migrations with a Quality Engineering driven approach.
We have been providing testing services to our customers across technology platforms for more than two decades that include functional, non-functional (Performance, Security Accessibility), user acceptance testing / business validation, test automation, ETL and DW testing, test data management and proven testing standards for cloud assurance. Our services focus on multi-channel testing, cloud assurance, AI infused apps (chat /voice bots, ML (Machine Learning) apps and NLP (Natural Language Processing) systems) testing, customer experience, API, and big data testing.
Hexaware has invested heavily in building its partner ecosystem through collaboration with Insurance platform vendors like Guidewire, market-leading technology provider like Tricentis, Smart Bear, PCloudy, GenRocket, among others.
Keeping with our enterprise-wide strategy of AUTOMATE EVERYTHING™, automation is incorporated into our Insurance product testing services and is enabled through our various testing solutions. Hexaware’s automation first approach enables shift-left and automation across the testing lifecycle across the UI, data, and API layers by leveraging a combination of in-house IPs and industry testing tools. Further, our strategy to transform from Test Automation to Autonomous Testing to make testing independent of human intervention through self-learning and self-healing is made possible through ATOP, our Autonomous Test Orchestration Platform that uses Machine Learning, Deep Learning and NLP to make both functional and non-functional testing autonomous across all phases of testing life cycle and all the layers of an application.
Our in-depth experience gained by providing Insurance product testing to our client base over the years has helped us build and implement key features to address product testing challenges, a few of the challenges are listed below:
• Increased need for domain driven testing
• Constant changes to application or interfaces and level of customization to the COTS Product
• Test automation development effort falls behind the development / customization effort leading to minimal continuous testing in DevOps pipeline and thereby increased release cycle time
• QA environmental challenges such as unavailability of environment for time travel testing and integration services impede end to end testing
• Automation is rather partial which misses to cover validation interoperability of COTS product and its integration with existing applications within the organization and outside interfaces
• Increasing requirement for data migration testing of policies, claims data with 100% data coverage
- Agile and DevSecOps ready Insurance certified testing professionals spread across Europe, US, and Asia Pacific
- Integrated Design to Execution (iD2E) framework part of our Automation First approach which leverages model-based testing (MBT)
- Co-developed solutions relevant to Insurance, for instance:
- Ready to use OOTB (Out of the Box) models/Feature Files for Policy, Claims, BC and Digital Products across multiple LOB’s
- Synthetic test data generation capabilities by integrating industry tools with Insurance COTS products
- Smart automation framework with pre-built reusable components & auto-healing features enabling end to end automation and BDD
- Automated functional and UI Layer test Design and execution, automated data migration testing and service layer and Integration test automation
- Faster time-to-market - 60% faster delivery
- Automation from sprint 1 and increased sprint velocity by 70%
- Higher Quality - Early detection with high test coverage and 50% more defect detection
- Reduced overall cost of testing by 40%
- Ease of maintenance and increased reusability across Insurance LOBs
- Proven track record of Insurance product implementations
- For one of Largest Belgian Insurance carrier, as the testing partner for their Digital transformation program to replace legacy non-life PAS platform with AXON-Keylane, we implemented a unified automation framework for automation of test suite across the application landscape delivering 40% reduction on automation build and 60% reduction in maintenance effort. We also built a framework for automated validation of 2,00,000 migrated policies and claims.
- For one of the voluntary benefit solution providers in USA, as the testing partner for INSPRO PAS solution which covers Life, Universal Life and other Benefits to be administered by replacing the existing 3 legacy systems. Our automation strategy was built around hybrid automation framework that accelerated automation test design activities by 40% and reduced automation test script maintenance effort by 60%. Automated data comparison with faster execution of comparison of ~10 K policy records between source and target per day.
- For the largest German Insurance carrier, as the testing partner in their digitization program that involved replacement of legacy non-life platform with Guidewire, using our automation first approach we delivered 40% reduction in build effort (test design & automation script development), reduced environment setup cost, reduced test data generation cycle time and 50% overall reduction in testing cycle time.