Crash Detection and Telematics Enabled Claims
For telematically enabled vehicles, detailed information about the pre-accident driving behavior and the crash itself are captured upon impact.
The information is instantly passed through CCC’s platform and the company’s predictive analytics engine. An alert is automatically sent from the vehicle to the insurance carrier’s FNOL representative, presenting the facts of the accident in map and dashboard formats, indicating the vehicle’s location, direction of travel prior to the accident, speed, braking, steering movements, and impact severity.
These facts, and related insights gleaned from the millions of claims transactions, and more than 20 years of injury data, including thousands of human crash tests, processed by CCC, help determine:
• whether the vehicle is likely to be repairable or totaled,
• the best appraisal option (using the carriers’ guidelines),
• if an injury is likely,
• and if emergency and/or tow services should be dispatched.
1) Immediate crash detection through OEM connected vehicles, OBD or mobile telematics devices
2) Smart digital solution that enables consumer self-service at pre-FNOL
3) Valuable insights into crash information and vehicle information for the driver and other vehicles that may be involved
4) Determine Predictive Method of Inspection at pre-FNOL
5) Possible elimination of secondary tows, and reduced rental and storage days
6) Injury Causation Analysis
7) Eliminate touchpoints through capturing data, photos, and key information regarding the crash incident at Pre-FNOL to instantly facilitate the claim filing process
1) Faster reaction to customer collision
2) Improved customer experience through guided prompts to capture key collision data points
3) Improved liability determination and reduced fraud potential
4) Streamline claims routing at pre-FNOL to effectively route to appropriate channel for handling
5) Opportunity to reduce cycle time and LAE
6) Gain insights into potential injuries related to the crash incident
7) Potential for 100% digital claims