MONITORING OF GLOBAL POSITIONS
At the heart of margin or collateral management, there is the monitoring of global positions. This requirement is present throughout the new regulatory environment: - In the United States and Europe, the Dodd-Frank Act and the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) have provisions for collateral and margin requirements.
- Recent Basel III draft proposals also calls for collateral and margin management for large, complex and illiquid derivatives.
- The Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS) IV directive implemented in late 2010 states that fund managers need to manage exposure by applying credit risk mitigation practices—including optimized collateral management—to their cross-border derivatives dealings.
- Non intrusive: If you feed it trades, our position engine will aggregate them. You can also directly feed our system with pre built positions or flows. Our “generic trade” allows you to feed us the even the most sophisticated derivatives.We have defined a standard input format that is fully compatible with DTCC’s. Thus if your source system already feeds DTCC, no extra mapping will be necessary. Further more our standard input and output format are free and reusable.
- Real-time: with respect to changes in market data or positions.
- Custom columns: any criteria can be used to filter or aggregate. Results are in native and reference currency.
- Custom Greeks and stress tests:custom columns and risk measures can also be defined
- Cross asset: equity, FX, interest rate, credit, bonds, equity and listed instruments…
- Plug and play for new regulatory environement: out of the box solutio for EMIR (both CCP IM and VM, and TR reporting), Basle 3 delta CVA, Solvency 2 Look Through...
- Low total cost of ownership
- High performance: agent architecture is quicker than a standard grid
- Cheap to enhance: open source