Investment fees are undoubtedly the core of any financial institution’s revenue. However, stringent regulation, complex legacy agreements and a diverse business can lead to a highly manual or inflexible process which takes time, resources and doesn’t always meet the regulators’ demands.
Dion’s investment management fee solution is a flexible and automated framework to support the calculation, charging and reporting of a number of fee types and structures. It provides stockbrokers, asset managers and intermediaries with a viable solution to easily manage the complex sharing of fees and reduce the level of manual processing. The system is scalable and can easily support and maintain new or existing, and often complex, arrangements with clients, advisors and other stakeholders.
From flexible fee scales to accurate fee accruals, customisable fee charging and a full audit history, Dion’s flexible infrastructure provides everything in a hosted or deployed setup which can be seamlessly integrated with any third party application.
- Transparent calculation and collection of fees. From clients to advisors and anyone receiving a service from the firm
- A single installation supports multiple setups, providing an efficient calculation and charging structure
- Flexible accrual and billing timeframes support changing business requirements
- Seamless integration with any proprietary system ensures accurate data flow
- Available as a SaaS (software as a service) offering or as a fully deployed solution
- Automated fee calculation.
- The reality today is that fees can be regularly split between multiple parties. Manually calculating and processing all those fees can be a real drain on resources. Dion's solution holds all of the fee models so when it comes to the billing period, staff simply have to press a button to send out the data for review.
- Pressing another button ensures the correct fees are instantlyapplied. Asset details, the average portfolio value, plus any adjusters are all fed into the calculation engine. The integration engine then processes the data, providing an accurate and reliable result. A smart translation layer allows the system to receive data in any format.
- The module allows firms to apply multiple fees.
- The module allows firms to combine different fee components to
- construct a single fee based on multiple criteria.
- Flexible fee scales
- Fees can be calculated using a number of different scales. Dion's flexible methodology supports the calculation of all types of fee scales from tiered-based to a fixed value, offset against commission and safe custody. The application of a fee also has a flexible structure giving users control over how and when a fee is applied. Users can set the number of times a fee is run, manage fees using the diary date functionality, debit fees from another client account and apply fees to clients grouped by an association.