Trading solutions (Matching and Execution)
Nasdaq’s matching and execution technology provides execution venues of all shapes and sizes – including exchanges, dark pools, inter-dealer broker platforms, alternative trading venues, and more - with flexible, reliable solutions to keep pace with ever-changing market requirements. Our solutions are proven and in use in 70+ markets from Bermuda to Bangladesh to Germany and many places in-between.
The low-latency, functionally-rich platforms support trading in any asset, anytime, anywhere and are both scalable and adaptable to change as your firm expands into new asset classes or looks to offer additional services. Additionally, Nasdaq solutions offer the ability to trade multiple asset classes within a single solution, reducing the cost and technological complexity of your trading operation.
Our trading solutions:
- Genium INET Trading: Used in-house by Nasdaq exchanges and recognized by Risk Magazine as the Best Trading Technology product, Genium INET excels at meeting the needs of marketplaces with broad and diversified businesses and ultra-high volumes. It’s multi-asset, multi-market capabilities make Genium INET an ideal solution for exchanges that need customization and have more sophisticated requirements.
- X-stream INET Trading: The most widely deployed matching engine in the world, X-stream combines extraordinary performance with extensive functionality to meet current and future business and performance requirements. X-stream provides the operational efficiencies needed to keep technology costs in line, with the comprehensive functionality necessary to fully meet client demands, no matter how unique
Marketplace for Hire (M4H): Powered by standard-setting INET technology, Marketplace for Hire (M4H) is the most complete marketplace service available. A proven multi-market, multi-asset trading solution, M4H is already in use at regulated exchanges and is continually updated to comply with constantly changing global regulatory requirements.
Offered as a service, M4H offers comprehensive and mature functionality covering all major asset classes -- including equities, commodities, fixed income, options, and derivatives -- on a resilient and flexible platform.
- Supports matching across numerous asset classes in a single solution
- World-leading latency, scalability and flexibility
- Able to consistently sustain an order rate of over 100,000 thousand orders per second at sub-40 microsecond average latency.
- Unique pre-trade risk management with real time margin updates built within the matching engine
- Integration with TradeGuard, which adds robust sub-microsecond risk checks and portfolio offsetting risk checks above and beyond what is in the matching engine.
- Developed from over 20+ years of experience building trading technology for 70+ execution venues in 50 countries, across all asset classes.
- Integrates with other technology, either via third-party or proprietary solutions, across the trade lifecycle to preserve current, custom infrastructure requirements and help to future proof system configuration.