PICOS/FRM Multi Contribution System
The system allows concurrent distribution of financial information input to all the well-known “public” services (Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, SIX, and many others) and customer specific services (Host, Servers Data Base and other data stores) at the same time.
PICOS reliability and resilience is outstanding. This is based on modular design and distributed architecture with no single point of failure.
FRM performs automated configuration of the PICOS Multi Contribution System in case of daily new or expired financial instruments . This includes Thomson-Reuters Chain-Management and Bloomberg Monitor-Management. Also administration of pages is done automatically.
- Customer’s choice of input sources.
- Extensive range of output services.
- Total flexibility to integrate new services and meet changing customer requirements.
- Flexibility to change the presentation of data for different services.
- Dynamic configuration / reconfiguration.
- Software solution based on UNIX, Windows and/or Linux operation system.
- Distributed architecture for optimum performance and resilience.
- Parallel transmission to service connections allows automatic load balancing to take place.
- Priority transmission to service connections ensures that urgent updates are not delayed.
- Scalable architecture allows a system to be setup that will cope with many millions of updates per day; the largest user is currently contributing over 700,000 updates per hour (87’000’000 a day) to internal and external sources. Tests have shown that we operate 10'000 updates a second over 24 hours if required.
- Modular design allows a fault tolerant and resilient system to be setup.
- Dramatic increase in contribution throughput.
- Individual update rate limit handling.
- Quoting to Bloomberg
- Quoting to Thomson-Reuters (TRFIT)
- By using our FRM (Finance Record Management) fully automated configuration.