Perseus to address upcoming regulations at the Americas Regulatory Briefing in New York
- FIX Trading Community to host annual regulatory briefing with key trading firms, vendors and regulators
- Perseus Director to address FINRA and SEC mandates regarding US Time management
NEW YORK – 19 NOVEMBER 2013 – Perseus Telecom, a leading provider of ultra low-latency, high-capacity global networks and High Precision Time™, will be a contributing participant at the annual FIX Trading Community Americas Regulatory Briefing, Wednesday, November 20th in New York, at the Convene Conference Center. Dan Watkins, Director of Products and Marketing for Perseus, will be on the panel titled “What You Don’t Know About Upcoming RegsCanHurt You.”
The agenda for this year’s Americas Regulatory Briefing is set to highlight how regulators are moving fast to create new criteria in a large effort to minimize risk across financial markets. Attendees of this FIX Trading Community session will be informed on what firms are doing to prepare for new regulations and hear about some of the lesser known regulations coming up in the near future.
Through-out 2013, Perseus has been deeply engaged in helping financial institutions better manage time stamps relative to trade reporting and compliance. Perseus High Precision Time services are delivered by an ultra-low latency network, providing companies with deterministic enterprise-wide time synchronization and UTC(NIST) certification needed for compliance withFINRA OATS Rule 7430 and Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT).
The formal agenda for “What You Don’t Know About Upcoming Regs Can Hurt You” include:
- How are the buy-side and broker-dealers re-evaluating the process of selecting and managing electronic trading tools in light of new regulations? How is this due diligence affecting counterparty choice?
- What’s needed to actually leverage new cross margining rules? What happens if you use multiple clearing brokers? How will products with different margin timelines be managed?
- Reporting requirements—what are the inconsistencies between European and North American regulations and how will they affect operations and workflow?
- The unintended consequences of overlapping regulations between EU and US. What operational workflows do we need to keep trading globally?
- What will be needed to comply with the emerging global trend of regulations intended to prevent or reduce technology glitches?
To learn more on the importance of some of today’s most impacting regulations in trading, please attend the FIX Trading Community: Americas Regulatory Briefing by registering here.
About Perseus Telecom
Perseus Telecom is an award winning global facilities based licensed carrier of enterprise and telecommunications services with a focus on ultra-low latency global connectivity. Perseus provides many of the world’s fastest Market-to-Market routes between Chicago, New York, London and Brazil, and was recently awarded for the fastest trans-Atlantic route between New York and London (QuanTA™) and Brazil and USA (LiquidPath™). The company also operates the fastest routes between London and Frankfurt over its high-tech microwave service as well.
For more information about Perseus, please visit www.perseustelecom.com or contact us at +1 (212) 300-6813 or firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 (347) 826-0936