Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and EDM Warehouse
IHS Markit EDM Enterprise Data Management (EDM) from IHS Markit is a data management platform for acquiring, validating and distributing trade, operational, risk, financial and customer data. It creates a single version of the truth in a consistent, transparent and fully audited environment. Firms benefit from greater control, ongoing compliance and transparent data.
EDM Warehouse is a data warehousing solution that consolidates data and empowers users to interrogate it on a real-time basis to understand risk, exposure, AUM and periodic metrics.
EDM and EDM Warehouse are fully integrated and are available as a managed service.
- Reduces operational risk by analysing, cleansing and enriching reference and dynamic data from all available sources, with ongoing processing for data validity and quality
- Significantly reduces implementation time through a unique combination of managed service, standardized interfaces and flexible schema
- Delivers a fully transparent audit trail of all changes with no loss of source data
- Stores historical data and makes it readily available for client and regulatory reporting requirements
- Empowers users to interrogate data in real time to understand risk, exposure, AUM and periodic metrics
- Provides a central framework for easily integrating new businesses or applications into enterprise reporting and merging historical results
- Consolidates results from third-party systems
- Open architecture with simple integration of existing systems, including legacy products
- Full control and management of data from a single source
- Flexibility for changing data requirements
- Audit trail of historical data changes
- Dissemination of data to single or multiple applications
- Managed service reduces implementation times, cut costs and allow users to scale up/down their use of the platform
- Single point of reference regardless of the sources of the data
- Pre-defined data model, which facilitates a quick time to market
- Open architecture, which enables firms to integrate their data into any accounting, analytics or third-party system
- Pre-defined sub-models and data services that enable firms to respond quickly to industry changes
- Fully integrated with IHS Markit's core EDM data management platform
- Managed service reduces implementation times, cut costs and allows users to scale up/down their use of the platform
Customers benefit from being able to control and manage costs across their entire data supply chain, including vendor management and reducing acquisition costs. They are able to streamline front, middle and back office operations, safely upgrade legacy platforms and provide an insulation layer for BPO initiatives.