WaveMaker low-code platform
WaveMaker's low code platform is purpose-built for enterprise-grade application development and is specifically targeted to be a professional developer's workbench although it can be used in a no-code fashion by lesser skilled citizen developers. The platform is available as a cloud-hosted option or it can be installed on-premise or in a customer's private cloud environment. The platform basically offers a visual development studio environment with pre-built widgets, themes, and layouts for a visual, drag-and-drop developer experience. WaveMaker offers the ability to write and embed custom code to this experience. The UI is then bound to the backend which could be a variety of choices across standard databases or REST APIs or other web services. An inbuilt database designer helps developers visually taking in the schema of imported databases and pushing any updates back to the database. Once a database is imported or APIs are connected and authenticated, WaveMaker automatically generates the CRUD APIs and other APIs that may be used by developers as they build their applications. Applications developed using WaveMaker are auto-responsive on multiple channels - web, tablet, and mobile. WaveMaker employs the industry's most open technology stack - with Angular in the front end and Spring/Hibernate for the backend. The platform automatically generates standard well-documented, Maven-compliant code behind the covers as developers drag-and-drop on the canvas. A WYSIWYG approach is supported so developers can see how the application will actually look and preview it as they progress development. WaveMaker allows developers to add coarse or fine-grained control in configuring security for their applications. Developers can leverage WaveMaker's inbuilt Git repository or have WaveMaker integrate with their enterprise code repository - likewise, WaveMaker provides its own 1-click deployment option or developers can configure WaveMaker to work with their in-house CI/CD pipeline. Developers can create their own custom widgets called prefabs - as a combination of data, logic, and UI - for their specific needs. WaveMaker provides the ability for developers to create a shared enterprise repository for such components. Staying on prefabs, developers can also import any pre-existing components into WaveMaker as prefabs as long as they conform to standard web components. The platform's ethos is to seamlessly co-exist and play well with existing tools and frameworks in a typical enterprise, adhere to modern architectural choices and best practices in modern application development. Financial services enterprises and software vendors alike use WaveMaker to transform not only how they build and deliver cloud-native apps at the speed of change, but also transform teams to full-stack development and move more of their software supply chain to customer self-service models. WaveMaker has been used to build complex, sophisticated, long-lived applications and platforms - at a fraction of the cost and time associated with traditional development. And these applications are responsive, highly customizable, component-based, API-driven, integration-ready, and enable highly scalable deployments on the Cloud using container technology.
- An inbuilt library of over 100 widgets that are auto-responsive and highly configurable
- Cloud-native, containerized, microservices-based, open technology stack-based platform
- Ability to create or import custom components as prefabs
- Easy binding to an API backplane or databases (including auto-generating APIs)
- One-click deployment to customer's platform of choice (on-premise or Cloud) with no app runtime environment provided or tied to WaveMaker
- WaveMaker generated code is Veracode certified for app security and WaveMaker automatically offers protection from the top 10 OWASP vulnerabilities
- WaveMaker's studio environment is customizable - to accommodate different developer personas, offer as a white-label product via software vendors & create domain-specific prefabs to enable developers to create their own custom experiences
- WaveMaker offers a developer-seat based licensing model with no limits or charges associated with the number of apps developed or app end users
- WaveMaker generates real Java code that can be exported outside of WaveMaker and extended using a standard IDE like Eclipse
- Development teams using WaveMaker get an order of magnitude productivity (3-6x) and businesses significantly shorten their time-to-market
- Enterprises can inexpensively scale with WaveMaker - building unlimited apps with unlimited end-users for one flat developer-seat based fee
- Zero lock-in - a) applications are hosted and run independently - and the ability to export and extend all "source code" - outside WaveMaker
- WaveMaker can deliver enterprise-grade sophisticated apps that are horizontally scalable, performant, and secure
- With WaveMaker's low-code paradigm, there is no compromise on building apps with pixel-perfect UI combined with fine logical granularity
- Allows designers and developers to collaborate in the same environment to deliver consistent brand experiences yet offer the required level of customizability and configurability across the application lifecycle
- Powers your composable strategy by the ability to build custom components that can be reused to build new apps and experiences in a Lego-like manner
- Fits in like a glove - developers don't have to change their mental model of app development, plays well with existing tools, processes, and practices
- Banking on low code - The secret sauce of digital banking systems that are crushing it
- Can low code help financial software builders focus on the ‘first principles’?
- Speed, scale and savings: Three reasons ISVs must adopt low code in 2021
- Low code is fast becoming a game-changer for banks and financial institutions that wish to deliver innovative, personalized digital offerings to their customers. It accelerates the app development journey, often by over 50%, while also reducing costs proportionately. For customers around the globe, Wavemaker is the go-to-low code platform to rapidly build financial software as well as platforms that are highly scalable, with extreme customization and built-in security features.