JANUS RISK Manager
JANUS Risk Manager is a multi-asset, multi-currency and multi-market real-time risk management, transaction monitoring and surveillance system, with a flexible rules based validation system supporting FX, government bonds and exchange traded financial instruments in one single application. These rules have been developed in line with the global initiative to combat market abuse – MiFID, Dodd-Frank, Hong Kong SFO, Singapore Market Misconduct Regime, Indonesia Law N.8 and others.
JANUS Risk Manager (JRM) is the first global monitoring system that is trading platform independent, and built on tried and tested technologies, using data monitoring tools designed to be both high performance and reliable.
JRM also has real time portfolio margin (Initial Margin) and P&L calculations enabling exposure value versus collateral to be moitored and used as an early warning mechanism for various use cases.
JANUS Risk Manager Features:
- Global overview with local controls - HTML5 front end for oversight from anywhere - multiple instances with a global view or multiple instances with distributed limits for closer local controls
- JANUS Margin Engine - real time margin engine with latest clearing house (60+) margin parameters - multi asset class
- portfolio margins with what if and worst position based on open orders as well as open positions
- user customisable Risk Measures (80+) to monitor all orders, trades and open positions - with real time alerts and triggers
- open system with real time APIs (data in and out)
- consumes FIX messages, all market data formats as well as file imports
- all changes can be made on the fly without stopping the system
- user definable dashboards, easy to configure, copy and share
- comprehensive audit trails for case workflow
- four eyes principal for tracking admin changes
- JANUS Behavioural Analytics (JBA) - stores all activity and risk checks for later review and examination - for limit adjustments
- Monitors Give In and Give Up risk (custodial in and out trade traffic), using limits not definable in current middle office applications
- Deployed, managed or cloud - standard hardware, Windows or Linux
- 24X6 and 99.99% availability
One Global View,
The need for most firms: A single overview of all trading activities, across multiple markets, with a wide geographical reach. Additionally, the system should identify behaviours that were or were likely to breach regulations in those different locations, alert the risk and compliance teams, and track the workflow of the investigations. In one case the business to be monitored was the Sponsored Direct Market Access business of firms that are high performance multimarket, multi instrument strategy trading firms, in the other a very large number of Direct Market Access trading customers.
JANUS Risk Manager has a dashboard that can be easily configured for the user's particular role, with dynamically updating panels, sorting and prioritising based on a very wide range of criteria; Alerts are audible, linked to SMS or e-mails or other applications - such as trading gateways for limiting order flow (position reducing orders only, kill all orders or kill orders and disable new orders). Back office data can be loaded to replace JANUS end of day data - seamlessly with a comparison test (exception reports); all data can be exported via API or as files.
JANUS Margin Engine, a key component in JANUS Risk Manager is a real time and accurate utility for estimating initial margin requirements at all levels of the account structure, including a clearing house funding view; margin calls can be made with confidence, long before the back office systems have completed their daily cycle, allowing better cash management for the sell and buy side.
JBA works with JRM, consuming and storing transaction, market and risk check data in a single No-SQL database, for immediate analysis. The ability to retrieve and examine ‘non’ alert risk measurement data in context with the other usually available, but not associated data gives a deeper insight into the trading behaviour in relationship to the monitoring parameters. What is clear is that the unique nature of each firm’s view of regulations and the risk rules that need to be applied to the business is still evolving. Adding this feedback loop to the limit setting process is a valuable addition to the toolkit of not only the risk or compliance officer, but also to the business manager that wants to safely grow business.
- Pre-Order: Pre-trade validation
- Post-Order: Monitors “post-order” (or “at-trade”) orders and executions
- Flexible aggregation: Portfolio/account structures can be created according to different needs
- 80+ risk variables: More than 80 flexible, combinable risk variables
- < 30 μsec performance: Using commodity hardware