Open Solutions Creates an App Store
Celent will help qualify your requirements and introduce you to the vendor
Spotted a missing vendor? Use this form to alert a vendor to the Celent service
Create a vendor selection project & run comparison reports
Register to access this feature
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
Vendor requires PRO subscription to activate this feature
Requires research subscription, contact Celent for more info
2 May 2011Bart Narter
Open Solutions is taking a page out of Apple's playbook and creating a development platform, DNA creator, and DNA appstore. This is interesting on a couple of fronts. First, let's discuss what is the same as Apple iTunes?
- There are reviews of each app.
- There is a community forum for developers.
- There are free and paid apps.
- Third parties can and do develop apps.
- Apps are approved by the Open Solutions.
- Open Solutions takes a 30% share of revenues generated, the same as Apple.
- Apps are rigorously tested for compliance, security and functionality.
- Even paid apps can be downloaded for a free trial in the test environment.
Asia-Pacific, EMEA, LATAM, North America