Open Solutions Creates an App Store
Create a vendor selection project & run comparison reports
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
Celent have reviewed this profile and believe it to be accurate.
2 May 2011Bart Narter
Open Solutions is taking a page out of Apple's playbook and creating a development platform, DNA creator, and DNA appstore. This is interesting on a couple of fronts. First, let's discuss what is the same as Apple iTunes?
- There are reviews of each app.
- There is a community forum for developers.
- There are free and paid apps.
- Third parties can and do develop apps.
- Apps are approved by the Open Solutions.
- Open Solutions takes a 30% share of revenues generated, the same as Apple.
- Apps are rigorously tested for compliance, security and functionality.
- Even paid apps can be downloaded for a free trial in the test environment.