Top Trends in Retail Banking 2015
Digital Reigns, Complexity Intensifies
Celent identifies ten key trends affecting bankers over the course of 2015.
Celent began in 2014 to examine financial technology through the lens of three themes:
- Digital and Omnichannel
- Innovation and Emerging Technology
- Legacy and Ecosystem Transformation
“We’ve found Digital to be increasingly top of mind for our clients over the last couple of quarters; culture will have to catch up to technology,” says Dan Latimore, senior vice president of Celent’s Banking practice and author of the report.
These themes help bring some order to the chaos that is today’s financial technology environment, and so we’ll examine our ten top trends through these organizing principles.
Celent’s top trends are:
- Meeting Mobile Demand
- Operationalizing Omnichannel
- Engaging Entrants — Fintech and Otherwise
- Coming to Terms with Cloud
- Increasing Innovation Investment
- Embracing Emotions
- Ceding Ecosystem Centrality
- Securing Systems
- Responding to Regulations
- Changing the Core Perspective