How to Buy Artificial Intelligence
Not All AI is Created Equal
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is offering new opportunities for digitization and automation in insurance, as well as opportunities for gaining new insight. Artificial Intelligence has driven a wave of investment in InsurTech as well as new technology modernization in insurers. It should be easy to identify and buy an AI solution.
In practice, though, AI solutions come in different shapes and sizes, and require different levels of expertise and skill to deploy and use. In this report Celent sets out a number of categories of AI solutions as well as a couple of models or matrices for understanding an insurer investment in AI solutions across its technology estate.
These tools are designed to help insurers understand where they have double-invested in areas and, at the same time, identify opportunities for new investment.
The definitions and matrices included here serve as maps to help insurers:
- Understand different types of AI solutions
- Express their preferences and strategies in sourcing AI solutions
- Articulate investments already made in AI
- Look for opportunities to further invest in AI
- See opportunities to share best practices across the organization