Property/Casualty Insurance CIO Pressures and Practices 2015: North American Edition
What are property/casualty insurer CIOs planning for 2015? What business priorities are they reacting to, what initiatives will they be funding, and how are they investing in digital and innovation? This report provides the answers.
This report is based on a survey of CIOs and covers the following topics:
- Business goals’ influence on IT plans
- The status of major IT initiatives.
- Replacement or maintenance plans for specific applications.
- IT budgets: IT budget as a percentage of DPW.
- IT budgets: Change in IT budget 2015 vs. 2014.
- IT budgets: R&D as a percentage of total IT budget.
- Digital strategy planned activity.
- Incremental vs. disruptive innovation.
“As CIOs look forward to 2015, business leaders are telling CIOs they want IT to support growth and policyholder retention. Resources are generally available and are being used, especially for core systems, analytics, and IT operational excellence,” says Donald Light, research director with Celent’s Insurance practice and author of the report. “All in all, there is a sense among the CIOs of purpose, direction, and realistic optimism.”
This 24-page report has one table and 16 charts.