Celent Insurance Newsletter, July 2012
From the CEO
The Games of the XXX Olympiad are upon us, and I'm excited. Not because I'm a big fan of dressage, or rhythmic gymnastics, or water polo. I'm excited because the Olympics give us a chance to focus on the pursuit of excellence. To revel in personal and, yes, national competition at the highest level.
Those 16 days feel like an important global spectacle, and they give most of us a sense of almost inexplicable pride in the achievement of others. Sports we don't typically think about matter in an Olympic year because we recognize the commitment and dedication of the athletes, and that is universally inspiring. I'm happy to yield to the spell of the Games.
Of course, there are obvious parallels between celebrated individual and team athletic performances and what we aspire to in our day-to-day work. Periodic reinforcement of the value of teamwork, dedication, and determination is always welcome.
As Celent's CEO, I hope that the inspiration of the Olympics will carry over into what we do for you in 2012 and beyond, and what you do every day in your jobs. Let the Games begin!
P.S. One way to avoid post-Olympic letdown is to attend Celent's Creative Disruption Symposium in New York this September. Michael Raynor, the noted author of The Innovator's Manifesto, is our keynote speaker, and we've got lots of great content lined up to educate and inspire your disruptive technology efforts.
Chart of the Month
Celent Published Reports
- Data Mastery Spectrum Overview 2012
- Strategies and Options for Managing Closed Blocks: Life, Annuities, and Pensions Edition
- Deal Trends in Property and Casualty Policy Administration Solutions: 2012 Asia-Pacific Edition
- 2012 Asia-Pacific Insurance CIO Survey: The Year Ahead
- The Reality and Opportunities in Claims Management
- Solvency II IT Vendor Spectrum
- North American Insurance Distribution Management Systems
- Deal Trends in Life, Pensions, and Annuities Policy Administration Solutions: 2012 Asia-Pacific Edition
- Asia-Pacific Life/Annuity Illustration Systems 2012
- North American Insurance Software Deal Trends, Life/Annuity/Heath Edition
- North American Insurance Software Deal Trends, Property/Casualty Edition
- A Scenario: The End of Auto Insurance
- Emerging Insurance Technologies: Life, Annuities, and Pensions Industry Edition 2012
- Future Trends and Predictions in Life, Pensions, and Annuities Policy Administration Systems
- The Customer, Google, and UK Car Insurance
Research in Progress
- The Case for Creative Disruption
- Latin American Policy Administration Systems for Life Insurance 2012: ABCD Vendor View
7 August 2012
A Scenario: The End of Auto Insurance
5 September 2012
Strategies and Options for Managing Closed Blocks: Life, Pension and Annuity Edition
13 September 2012
A Celent Insurance Symposium-Creative Disruption: Technology and the Future of Insurance
New York, NY
Celent, in association with Google, presents Digital Insurance and the Customer: Mind the Gap
1 November 2012
Seventh Annual Model Insurer Awards
30 November 2012
Third Annual Model Insurer Asia Awards
Participate in Celent Research
Celent and Asia Insurance Review are currently accepting nominations for the 2012 Asia Insurance Technology Awards (AITAs). To nominate an individual or firm, simply fill out the entry form and e-mail the completed form to Wenli Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 31.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact Celent.