Celent Insurance Newsletter, April 2013
From the Senior Vice President
Welcome to the next phase of Celent Insurance! I'm excited to be here, and I'm excited to have you along.
Under the leadership of Craig Weber and Catherine Stagg-Macey, the Celent Insurance team has grown and been reshaped in subtle and not-too-subtle ways. We started as a North American team of specialists focused on core systems. We are now a global practice with a presence on four continents, and we're shaping the debate for strategic use of technology in insurance at the C-level. We have the strongest team, the greatest geographic reach, and the most ambitious insurance-focused research agenda in the industry.
From this strong base, good things will continue to happen. But we're not out of ideas. Based on feedback from talking to many of you, I plan to double down on how we promote innovation and share best practices across geographies. We want to bring you even more examples of innovation across our industry, regardless of where it occurs in the world, and challenge the status quo.
On a more tactical note, with the exception of my friend and mentor Catherine who is leaving Celent (see below), you can expect to work with the same talented team going forward. Even Craig assures me he will remain an active participant in our insurance coverage.
I look forward to working with you.
Global Senior Vice President, Insurance
With mixed emotions, I will be leaving Celent at the end of April to start an executive coaching firm. The excitement lies in making a career shift. After more than twenty years of changing technology and processes, I am shifting my focus to getting the best out of people.
There is sadness too, as I've enjoyed my Celent clients and colleagues immensely. I will miss our exchanges of ideas, on our common quest to discover how technology can make things better. But Craig insists that my efforts have earned me "distinguished Celent alumnus" status, so you may well see me at future Celent events.
I leave you in capable hands, and I wish Jamie and the Celent insurance team all my best.
Senior Vice President
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report IT Spending in Insurance: A Global Perspective
Celent Published Reports
- P&C Stand-Alone Rating Systems
- Closed Block Spectrum Report: Life, Annuities, and Pension Edition
- IT Spending in Insurance: A Global Perspective
- Celent Model Insurer Asia 2013: Case Studies of Effective Technology Use in Insurance
- Latin American Policy Administration Systems 2013: General Insurance ABCD Vendor View
- Model Insurer 2013: Case Studies of Effective Technology Use in Insurance
- US Group and Voluntary Employee Benefits: Changing Markets, Changing Technology
- Insurance in France 2013: The CIO Perspective
- Big Data: A Guide to Where You Should Be, Even If You Don't Know Where You Are
- Realizing the ROI of Social Media in Insurance: Listen to the Mirror
Research in Progress
- Trends and Predictions for North American Claims Systems
- North American Insurance Software Deal Trends
- Mobile Apps for Life Insurance in Latin America
- Telematics Market Opportunities in China
16 April 2013
The Market Dynamics of Claims Fraud Detection
23 April 2013
Peer Networking Event
Shifting Business & Technology Strategies in the Converging Group and Voluntary Insurance Market
24 April 2013
Big Data in Insurance
25 April 2013
Peer Networking Event
Insurance Innovation: Preparing Now for Future Challenges
2 May 2013
Realizing the ROI of Social Media in Insurance
For more information, contact email@example.com or call +1.617.262.3120.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact Celent.