Wealth and Asset Management
While all markets are local, many of the opportunities and challenges facing the wealth and asset management industry are global. We provide clarity as we analyze technology-led innovations from across the world and assess their relevance to you. We also help you to make sense of the issues impacting you locally, distinguish between hype and reality, and guide you through your technology choices and investments.
Our research, the bedrock on which all of our services are built, is driven by intellectual curiosity and tempered by analytical discipline. We cover a range of topics and provide in-depth analysis on the technology-related themes of the day.
Our research focuses on strategies and technologies industry firms use to capture and retain clients. We cover a variety of technology vendor solutions, services, and platforms for individual investors and traders, RIAs, wealth managers, family offices, and investment managers, among other client segments.
A subscription to our Wealth and Asset Management service provides you with:
- Complete access to our research on wealth and asset management
- Entrée into our insights and perspectives on the latest business trends
- Direct contact with our team of expert analysts
- Opportunities for additional engagement, remotely and in-person, through our webinars, client events, and in-person roundtables
Our Research Themes
Our research agenda is broken down into the following themes:
DigitalNew platforms, products, access, distribution, execution, and delivery of an excellent digital experience for clients.
Key Digital Research Topics
- Digital wealth management client experience
- Robo advisory
- Emerging technologies in wealth management
- How digital investment tech is reshaping wealth management
- Applying conversational commerce
Typical Digital Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives on digital strategies and roadmaps
- Digital transformation examples and use cases
- Vendor partnerships and selection
Innovation and emerging technologyThe why? and how? of innovation for technology providers and financial institutions. The application of emerging technologies across the wealth and asset management value chain.
Key Innovation Research Topics
- The next generation desktop
- The wealth management API economy
- B2B platforms and APIs to extend reach
- Predictive analytics and NLG
- Using AI to deliver advice
- Coaching the advisor
Typical Innovation Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives on the future of wealth management, innovation and fintech
- Thought leadership on use cases for machine learning/AI in wealth management
- Identification of key investment areas for VC and PE investment
Legacy and Ecosystem TransformationSimplifying the landscape, lowering costs, and increasing automation.
Key Transformation Research Topics
- Evaluating front-to-back office platform vendors
- A new take on data
- Agile in a Waterfall world
Typical Transformation Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives for legacy modernization strategies and validation
- Vendor partnerships and selection
Regional and Special TopicsRegulation, hot topics, and other regional initiatives.
Key Regional and Specialized Research Topics
- Regulation as an impetus for change
- The DoL Fiduciary Rule: A State of Confusion
- Robo in a box
- The financial planning technology vendor landscape
Typical Regional and Specialized Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives on impact of fiduciary responsibility on business and technology strategies
- M&A focused study on regional fintech vendors
Phone or e-mail a friend. One of the key benefits of a Research Subscription is virtually unlimited access to our analysts. Our Clients frequently take advantage of this on tap advice and support to gain a deeper understanding of the implications of technology for their specific situation. Typical engagements can range from topic dives to counseling sessions to document reviews to one-on-one strategy sessions and discussions tend to center around topics such as:
- Our quarterly research agenda - Feedback and collaboration around our upcoming research
- Recent updates to published research (how the market has changed since the original research was released, new data points, etc.)
- A deeper dive into a particular piece of research and the implications of that research for you
- Our perspective on current market developments
- Insights into specific topics
Specific examples of typical queries regarding the capital markets space include:
- The effective use of analytics
- Best practices implementing innovation
- The decision to build or buy
- System selection
- Building a digital roadmap
- Industry trends
Our Model Asset Manager and Model Wealth Manager Awards recognize best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in asset management and wealth management, and are the main awards that a financial firm in the industry can receive from Celent.
Become a client
For information on becoming client, click here.