While all markets are local, many of the opportunities and challenges facing the securities industry are global. We provide clarity as we analyze technology-led innovations from across the world and assess their relevance to you. We also help you to make sense of the issues impacting you locally, distinguish between hype and reality, and guide you through your technology choices and investments.
Our research, the bedrock on which all of our services are built, is driven by intellectual curiosity and tempered by analytical discipline. We cover a range of topics and provide in-depth analysis on the technology-related themes of the day.
Our research focuses on strategies and technologies used to target capital markets institutions. We provide insights on: technology-led innovation; the capital markets value chain and market structure; electronic trading platforms across a variety of asset classes; cloud deployment; digital transformation; the impact of regulatory reform; analytics and emerging data; artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation; distributed ledger technology and digital assets; and post trade digitization.
A subscription to our Capital Markets research service provides you with:
- Complete access to our research on capital markets technology
- Entrée into our insights and perspectives on the latest business trends
- Direct contact with our team of expert analysts
- Opportunities for additional engagement, remotely and in-person, through our webinars, client events, and in-person roundtables
Our Research Themes
Our research agenda can be broken down into three broad themes. These themes are the unifying threads across all our coverage. They represent a high-level map of the critical challenges faced every day, by those involved in the financial services industry. The themes are:
DigitalNew patterns of issuance, access, distribution, execution, and delivery of an excellent digital experience for institutional clients.
Key Digital Research Topics
- Transformation in capital markets
- Electronic trading in equities/rates/credit/FX
- Cross-asset trading
- Native digital assets and smart contracts
- Investment research as a service
- Corporate access evolution
- IPO 2.0
- Cloud deployment and hosted solutions
Typical Digital Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives on digital strategies and digital roadmaps
- Examinations of successful examples and use cases for digital transformation
- Guidance on vendor partnerships and vendor selection
Innovation and Emerging TechnologyThe why? and how? of innovation for technology providers and financial institutions. The application of emerging technologies across the entire capital markets value chain.
Key Innovation Research Topics
- Re-architecting the capital markets industry
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in capital markets
- Emerging data, data assets and Int-data
- The next-generation of post-trade technology
- Blockchain capital markets / distributed ledger tech
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and crypto assets
- Innovation in capital markets
- Fixed Income/FX trading technology
Typical Innovation Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives on the future of capital markets, innovation and fintech
- Provision of thought leadership on use cases for blockchain in capital markets
- Identification of key investment areas for VC and PE investment
Legacy and Ecosystem TransformationSimplifying the landscape, lowering costs, and increasing automation.
Key Transformation Research Topics
- Legacy modernization in global markets
- Post-trade infrastructure evolution
- Portfolio management and order management systems vendor directories
- Asset managers transforming legacy architectures
- Reconciliation and exception management
- Securities settlement revolution
Typical Transformation Consulting Engagements
- Collateral management best practices
- Discovery Dives for legacy modernization strategies and validation
- Guidance on vendor partnerships and vendor selection
Regional and Special TopicsRegulation, hot topics, and other regional initiatives.
Key Regional and Special Topics
- European fixed income market sizing (government and nongovernment bonds)
- MiFID 2 impact on research unbundling and corporate access
Typical Specialized Consulting Engagements
- Discovery Dives on the impact of MiFID 2 on business and technology strategies
Phone or e-mail a friend. One of the key benefits of a Research Subscription is virtually unlimited access to our analysts. Our Clients frequently take advantage of this on tap advice and support to gain a deeper understanding of the implications of technology for their specific situation. Typical engagements can range from topic dives to counseling sessions to document reviews to one-on-one strategy sessions and discussions tend to center around topics such as:
- Our quarterly research agenda - Feedback and collaboration around our upcoming research
- Recent updates to published research (how the market has changed since the original research was released, new data points, etc.)
- A deeper dive into a particular piece of research and the implications of that research for you
- Our perspective on current market developments
- Insights into specific topics
Specific examples of typical queries regarding the capital markets space include:
- The effective use of analytics
- Best practices implementing innovation
- The decision to build or buy
- System selection
- Building a digital roadmap
- Industry trends
Our Model Wealth Manager Awards recognize best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in wealth management, and are the main awards that a financial firm in the industry can receive from Celent.
Become a client
For information on becoming client, click here.