Analyst - Retail Brokerage/Wealth Management
Celent is a research and advisory firm dedicated to helping financial institutions formulate comprehensive business and technology strategies. Celent publishes reports identifying trends and best practices in financial services technology and conducts consulting engagements for financial institutions looking to use technology to enhance existing business processes or launch new business strategies. With a team of internationally experienced analysts, Celent is uniquely positioned to offer strategic advice and market insights on a global basis. Celent is part of the Financial Services practice of Oliver Wyman, an operating unit within Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC].
The Celent culture is very international, high spirited, and values agile thinking. Our reputation depends on our people, who are passionate about their work, committed to the company, and enjoy new challenges. If this description matches your expectations, please join us, and we will give you the opportunities and rewards that you deserve.
Celent’s Securities & Investments team focuses on information technology and strategy issues affecting brokerages, investment banks, and wealth and asset management firms. Celent’s research covers the buy side, the sell side, and market infrastructure. Celent reports tend to fall into one or more of the following categories: trends analysis, vendor evaluations, case studies, and market data.
Position Description: Analyst – Retail Brokerage/Wealth Management
As an analyst in the wealth management research practice, you will have the opportunity to emerge as a thought leader within the industry. You will be responsible for writing monthly research on the impact of IT within the retail brokerage / wealth management industry, interacting with customers and market leaders, delivering consulting engagements, and conducting regular presentations at industry conferences.
Analysts must be able to portray business scenarios and their impact on IT requirements in a straightforward manner in order to deliver actionable advice to financial institutions and technology providers.
As an analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Producing thoughtful and high-quality research papers.
- Delivering consulting engagements.
- Providing support and insight to Celent’s wealth management customers.
- Conducting presentations at key industry conferences.
- Interacting with the media and ensuring market awareness of Celent’s recent research and output.
- A minimum of four years of applicable experience with financial institutions or technology vendors operating in the retail brokerage/wealth management space.
- A good understanding of technological issues within the wealth management industry.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, discipline, and ability to work independently
- Advanced degree required (MS, MBA, PhD).
- Fluency in another language in addition to English is a clear plus.
Candidates for this position should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Analyst – Retail Brokerage/Wealth Management in the subject line.